jueves, 24 de junio de 2021

Conversacion sobre musica con MJ (More like a monologue than anything else)



Hello Fernando!! I'm still working on your album but I hope to be done soon. Sorry its taking so long, I have been super busy!

I wanted to let you know about a few labels that I have come across that you might be interested in submitting something to. These tend to be more into electronic but I think some of your experimental stuff might fit and also some may be into singer songwriter music, you'll just have to look at each individually to decide if / what to submit.







Meagan envió Hoy a las 12:45

Ill just send you the discogs links and you can check out their fb and bandcamp pages from there.







Meagan envió Hoy a las 12:45

https://www.discogs.com/label/1929638-The-Church-Of-Noisy-Goat

The Church Of Noisy Goat
discogs.com









Meagan envió Hoy a las 12:46

https://www.discogs.com/label/2098360-Internet-Daemon

Internet Daemon
discogs.com









Meagan envió Hoy a las 12:47

and this one does a lot of compilations (I usually submit my older tracks to them): https://www.discogs.com/label/1043666-Paracelsian-Productions

Paracelsian Productions
discogs.com









Meagan envió Hoy a las 12:48

if you're still looking for more labels to be on. I like to think of my music like a disease and I just try to spread it around as much as possible. lol





Meagan envió Hoy a las 12:48

have a great day!






Enviaste Hoy a las 12:48

hahahaha you are not a disease, you are a blessing to some unaware ears.


1






Enviaste Hoy a las 12:48

they should be glad.


1







Meagan envió Hoy a las 12:49

thank you!






Enviaste Hoy a las 12:49

I think I have the church of noisy goat founder as one of my fb friends althou I am not quite sure if its him






Meagan envió Hoy a las 12:50

it looks like a cool label. when i saw it i thought of you immediately






Enviaste Hoy a las 12:50

I hacve listened to some of their stuff and they rock, they make some serious holy shit stuff, I dont know if I am at their level of production. I am more like, ok, casiotone, plug it in, bang on it, deal, i got a record ( wish will be only heard by me).


1






Enviaste Hoy a las 12:52

I will check them again. I have been invited to some noise groups but the thing is that I am practically an old man and Im trying to .... find a way out of noise. I cannot explain it better. I am looking for clear shapes, melodies... and these guys are connecting their eyeballs to fuzz boxes and synthetizers and they re really good at it but I will never be able to compete asgainst their stuff. I mean some of it is super exquisite and avant garde.


1






Enviaste Hoy a las 12:52

And Im just a chubby guy sitting in a chair hahahaha


1







Meagan envió Hoy a las 12:57

i would def try. i think you'll find some success in some of these labels. i think there's somewhat of a singer / songwrite bandcamp scene. i know what you mean tho. my stuff doesnt fit into most people's ideas of "techno" but its fun when i find a label that's into my stuff.





Meagan envió Hoy a las 12:57

ill look for netlabels more into singer/songwriter stuff and get back to you.






Enviaste Hoy a las 13:02

Ido casn tell you that, after 29 years doing stuff, I cannot put my finger on on exactly what am I doing here. Its puzzling, cause I dont know how to label my music. Last week I did a flky album, and the week previous to that one I was doing guitar drones, and a month ago I was just doing piano with strings. And sometimes I put ALL THOSE THINGS into one album, so people dont know what to do of me. Its like you have to fight the gender tribes. Even if I think I did a gutsy record, I still will hold any expectation for it to be heard, not to mention dowloaded or even getting paid a dollar for it. I DO care, but I've been on bandcamp for a decade and I always put my albums for free and gained some fans, but, once I started charging 15 dollars for 172 available records everybody dissapeared, hahaha. I dont know, its puzzling. It is no differente than 10 or 15 years ago but now I am wondering if i should be doing things differently. All I hope is dont become loathed for being such a sad winy hag., haha.


1







Meagan envió Hoy a las 13:17

No it’s true, people aren’t buying music anymore. But it’s in the making I figure. I just put it out there and hope for the best.





Meagan envió Hoy a las 13:17

If u sort ur stuff by genre is might b a little easier to spread around. Like your guitar drones could prob find a number of labels for release, those would b perfect 4 the noise/experimental labels. I’m just thinking out loud.






Enviaste Hoy a las 13:24

And you are right. But the thing is that I tend to jump from one sound style to another just because it makes me happy. It doesnt make me nessesarily a good musician, but I like variety, and, its strange, cause i get invitations to this groups, like, noise, drone, gore-experimental-apocalipto-whatever they are dammit kinda labels and stuff. I remember I got invited to join a label group wich had dismembered women corpses on theiur record covers. I thought, man, WHAT THE FUCK. And then I got scared cause all this weirdos who seem to want to be deep web abductors or something think that Im one of them just because Im a grumpy ass. So I turned my back to these labels. I suspect that they live in a very boring place, and Im bored enough already





Enviaste Hoy a las 13:27

Plus, in the words of muhammad ali, you gotta woop George. That means you gotta get it on with the best of the best. And Im am just glad that I woke up today. You can tell by the way I write that there is a great deal of melancholy in my tone. I mean I have made 4000 + songs and Im still demanding answers when there are no answers at all. So I gotta keep digging deeper and deeper.




Enviaste Hoy a las 13:32

After i sent you all those songs, I remembered what one texan friend of mine told me about my music: you gotta make a compilation, something short so one can really know you without dying trying to know you. Well, I did. 144 songs, thats like a decuple record or a sixtuple record if youwanna think of them as real long players. And I found out that I 've been all over the place and I cant explain what i do, why I do it, and I dont know to who can I give it to. Its both a labour of love and madness. Doing this thing while people out there dance, take drugs, fuck and have children. What doies fernando do? "Hey, I... make music" "Ok, what kind of music?" ("The Strange kind?", shall I reply to a non existant interlocutor?)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario