lunes, 14 de septiembre de 2020

ALGUNOS COMENTARIOS SOBRE UN POST DE COSMOS OLYMPUS

Well, my friend, precisely thats what people do: quitting. Sometimes its like chain smoking, you cant stop, then you quit. See for example what I do: I have made 110 records, wich only 3 have seen physical release. I dont have a label. I am not an expert in WWW promotion. I dont have many real friends. Nobody rings my doorbell. No one calls on the phone. My family thinks Im a bum who only likes to scratch his balls. My three pair of shoes are torn on the tip, I tape them with packing tape. My girldfirend is sick, my last GF took the cat away from me. I live alone in a big house wich is too expensive to pay the montly payments. I feed with dry noodles and bad chlorine water. I smoke 6 , 20 ciggies packs a day. I have only 4 molasses left, I am losing my hair, my pride, my self esteem, Im 30 kilos overweight. My cholesterol is 380. The other day, I had a fart and i shit myself. What I mean to say is one thing that I told my woman the other day: dont worry about where it goes or where it comes the music you do and the music you release. Don be afraid of being more or less than the rest. We are a tear in the rain, lost in a vast ocean of musicicians and producers and labels. Dimitri, dont lose your faith, man. Keep making stuff and release the stuff that you want at a noble, sincere pace. If you do it that way, you will fel mope satisfied with yourself, you will not be doing it "because you are supposed to be doing it". Everybody goes thru faith crisis, as I call them. Every night we go to sleep feeling a little dumber and a little sadder and a little older, but thats just life getting at us in the normal way that its supposed to get us: with our pants down in the toilet. Dont be afraid to feel this hopelessnesss, you greek crazy bastard. Its just life. Thats what everybody does: renounce. So, dont quit, or make a momentary stop, take a breath, and move on with the same or something else. One day you will see that the impact you made on people will manifest in a surprising way.

Hi Luca, your name resounds me from way back a long time ago in the tape community recording... maybe? About your comment, I think digital world gave way to a lack of physycal communication between artists. Back in 1999 I used to trade and send tapes and TDKs and get brochures and letters, now its like I got older and lazier... I mean, I miss the rush of getting a letter form Italy or England with a couple tapes... that physical thing of, ok, WE ARE IN CONTACT NOW. That doesnt happen to me anymore, and it makes me sad. I've made a lot of records and shit, but, yeah, I wonder the same: who is listening? And the porpuse may seem bleak and blurry, but all one is left to do is keep making our art and try to get out of the way of the fact that, probably, we listen to a couple of odd records and then we resume our own work. Like, that Chris Isaak song from the eighties: Nobodyyy.. looves... no-one.... what a wicked game to play..." Haha Tape culture saved my life... I got thru a really bad period in 2002 where I had to go thru psychiatric treatment and can you bellieve I never stopped making music? I recorded, literally, like crazy. Yeah but sometimes going thru that change can take a lot of your psychic and moral energy. Life is hard. One never knows whats truly behind and artist's life. I've know Olympus Dimitri from a couple of weeks ago and he seems like a nice chap, but his true tenor of his days are a mistery to me. Behind every song there is a life, and sometimes life is a mess. and life is very hard, and it is not easy sometimes to go thru another day. That thing of kill yourself... my father commited suicide so I got it pretty close to my jheart, not that I am thinking about killing myself but... my daddy should be by my side, and he found no choices, and no future, no woman by his side... he was very alone, even when he was living with me. We were towo tape recording artists, he saw my enthusiasm and he himnself started to do his own mixes. I know plenty of shit peopole in my life, now and then, and they should be dead, my father shouldnt be dead. I've got a blurry purpose in life and that is making music and never asling myself why, I am lucky enough to have fingers and a soul, a dirty soul, but a soul at least. Its 1:29 am here in Buenos Aires and I cant give anymore out of my soul. I got no msuic. Drinking mate,m the argentinian beverage of choice 🙂 WE SHOULD ALL MAKE A COMPILATION OF FREE WILL ROCK AND ROLL.. YEAH: A ROLLING STONES COVERS COMPILATION. IT SHOULD BE CALLED WE AIN GOT A SINGLE FUCKING SATISFACTION OUT OF ANYTHING HAHA.

SWEAR TO gOD, i AM THINKING OF MOUNTAINS AND ALAMOS AND I START CRYING.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario