sábado, 26 de diciembre de 2020

UNA CONVERSACION CON UN AMIGO JAPONÉS DEL FB SOBRE SONIC YOUTH - 26-12-2020

Its probably better trying one of your post with your own music than trying sonic youth again. Did you read Kim Gordon's biography? By the way, listen to Dinosaur Jr's - Give me a glimpse of what you are not. Its a great record and you dont have to wait and see if SY reunites again. J Mascis is the man. You know that I read so much about them (SY) and the new wave punk whatever NY scene that I started to feel bad about it. I mean, I DONT MISS listening to Sonic Youth. I only had the Sonic Love greatest hits and I thought this is really good, but one day I REALLY started to make my own music and it seems like all those 90's jewels started to fade away. I dont know why and I have never felt bad about it. By the time the came to argentina (I guess it was in 1996) i had a part time job as a computer data entry and i thought: if I dont go Im gonna regret it. And you know what I did? I said FUCK THEM, MY BEDROOM IS MORE EXCITING THAN THEM 🙂 Can you believe it? And then I really started recording stuff with any means nessesary. I missed Nirvana, I missed Sonic Youth, I missed Albert King, buuutttt I did see BB King live 😃 ... I was only a tangential participant of the "real world out there" since then. I have missed a lot of things, but when I think of Leee Ranaldo and Thurston Moore, I get cold, I feel very little and this is why: they have been blessed with this layer of holiness about them and themselves that really bums me out. They were the avant garde of the avant garde... and the truth is that they were a great band but then they started to make sucky records. records that were supposed to impress because they were MADE BUY THEM. And i dont like that thing. I mean I dont really know what I started to dislike about them but their status as alternative avant garde musicians really fucking bored me. And I know I will never be like them, I mean, they rock, but then they dont. Hopefully they disbanded before they were complete bore. I acknowledge theiur musicicanship and their balls and their history, but all that New York ealry scene of rockers is the most petulant gayest rock and roll scene I ever dared to suspect to check out. Television, all those so so bands. HEY IM REALLY ANGRY AT THEM HAHAHAHA. Thats because they think they are the center of the civilized world. No thanks. Maaann is this a long response to your Sonic Youth enthusiasme or whaaatt 😃 Must be 4 in the afternoon in Japan, its 4:46 here in Buenos Aires. Too early or too late to be this angry and this hateful bitch?!!!?? aHHH, PAY NO MIND ABOUT MY RANT, i AM JUST A 46 ASSHOLE WITH NOWHERE TO GO, AND I KNOW IT. CHEERS, MY FRIEND. BIIRU, KUDASAI... 渡辺宏幸 … In bandcamp, creating connections is by increasing the number of followers, and with the help of artists, they will teach me politely. (tHIS IS REALLY COOL AND NOW I feel like an asshole because I think that I wasnt polite with YOU 🙂 You know, I used to write poetry and short stories a lot... but then I got sick and bittered exactly by the same "Scene thing": writers and wannabe writers... its like a club of scoundrels. Very few get to write good material. And you know, all this talking and being nice and (YES!) polite. I admit i got a social hability problem, I dont have many friends and Im a mess, but when something starts to smell funny, a little bit forced, a little bit fascistic, I know it, I smell it. Maybe I just can keep myself to myself, and that is not good. I opened up my heart in the past and I was laughed at. I was strange and a stranger. Everywhere. But underground is where its at. Imagine that: everybody in the world makes music now. We are like a little tear in an ocean of happenings and cruelty and confusion and bad sex, bad jobs, bad money, bad men and women, and we go aorund with our hearts on the sleeve trying to find love or love each other thru music. I mean: we try. I remember the opening scene in Murakami Ryu novel Almost Trasnparent Blue where the main character wakes up in a dirty hot room with a rottening pinneaple piece on the table and he just looks at it, and then in the end the piece of pineapple is still festering the place and nothing has changed and all his friends are either too fucked up on drugs or literally fuicked in the ass or dead. I feel like that every day, thats were the few music that I have made is coming from, and when I SUCK, I KNOW. Been making a lot of bad stuff lately. Sort of like a breaking point. In 2018 I did 19 records, some of them with 35 songs each. I was really on and fired up. I was hot. I was a little bit crazy too, in this shity latinoamerican Buenos Aires. "Too many humans", Cobain would say. You fucking bet. I saw Guitar Wolf back in 2003. I touched Seiji's boots and he sprayed me with his alcoholic sweat all over my face. Some of the roof's plaster fell to the crowd space, a big chunk of it. It was complete delirious. I love Japan cause I got this feeling that you really are centered into a firm belief that we all can work it out. And I love the way you love rock and roll. I dont know if I would trust a bunch of eatshit gringos if they throw on me two atomic bombs. That is impressive, that you dont want to bomb THEM with WHATEVER for what they have done to you, for what war has done to all of us, the way we used to be and the way we are NOW, wich is DIFFERENT. Yes, my friend, I am looking for that answer tonight. Im just a ban musician with a broken heart in a shitty merciless city. But I have seen. I have heard. I have tasted and tried to live in ecstasy, and it burns like hell in the center of it. Dont stop posting your work. FUCK THEM. I was told by an asshole the other day to stop promoting myself in a group called "the obscure underground blah blah blah... whatever". uNDERGROUND? oBSCURE? Is Frank Zappa obscure??? NO! 🙂 wE ARE ALL WE HAVE. Yeah, thats it, when we wake up and we have to see our faces in the mirror and look what became of that sweet child. Its hard. But its not a sin.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario